- This document explains what personal data we collect and how it is used and shared.
- This policy applies to all users of Who Targets Me including users of the browser extension.
- You must be 13 or older to use Who Targets Me.
Personal profile data
- All data about your personal profile, ie age, sex and postcode, is collected from the registration form when you first download the extension. No user data is derived from web pages you visit after initialising the extension.
- Who Targets Me does not store personally identifying data.
Data derived from web pages
- The extension is only active when browsing on selected websites, as defined by the extensions permissions. These sites are typically social media websites.
- The Who Targets Me extension identifies and extracts advert data. All non-advert data on the website is ignored.
- When collecting advert data, we automatically capture the devices IP address for the purpose of spam prevention.
How the data is used
- All personal profile and advert data is sent to our API.
- Our servers are based in the EU and we take relevant precautions to make sure your data is secure. In practice this means as a minimum we enforce SSL for all connections that involve the transfer of personal profile or advert data.
- Advert data is used within the boundaries of fair dealing.
- Advert data and personal profile data may be shared with 3rd parties such as universities and media outlets for research or private study and shared with 3rd parties for the purposes of criticism, review and reporting current events.