Tools, projects and ideas
The Who Targets Me browser extension
- Get daily email notifications when the campaigns you’re interested in launch new Facebook ads, compare frequency and spending data without leaving your inbox.
- (Discovery) A project to create a unified, tagged, searchable database of online political advertisers and their ads.
Unified spending reports
- (Private beta) Download political ad spending reports for any date range.
- Where the code for our projects lives.
Inactive or retired projects
- Two visualisations of political ad data from the 2019 UK election.
Ideas to explore
- In-feed fact checking and flagging – making bad ads clearer to Facebook users
- Advertiser blocking – to allow users to block single, or groups of, political advertisers
- Expanding beyond Facebook – to provide a wider suite of tools to protect users from low-quality information online
- Creating an archive of email and SMS campaigns – these are targeted information too.
- For any other ideas you think would improve transparency of political advertising (data, visualisations, crowdsourcing tools and more), email us!